The resource centre, located in the Edward Halter House in Maryhill, includes three floors of artifacts. On the main floor is a kitchen, parlour and chapel. Upstairs there is a turn-of-the-century bedroom and a resource room which houses an assortment of displays. The basement contains displays and artifacts. Our library includes a large collection of family histories, census returns for Waterloo Township, records from St. Boniface Church, naturalization records,Tweedsmuir histories, land records, church histories and cemetery transcriptions.
Halter House Resource Centre is open in the summer on Sundays in June, July and August from 1pm to 4pm. At other times the resource centre is open by appointment only.
Edward Halter House
1338 Maryhill Road, Apartment B
Maryhill Ontario N0B 1B0